Stanley Enow‘s King Kong video; a collaboration with Nigeria’s DJ Neptune brought to life by Ghana’s David Nicol-Sey was finally released online yesterday evening amidst great curiousity from his fans and onlookers alike. With almost 10,000 views in its first day, it reveals how long awaited this video was and how much Stanley Enow continues to be a sensation on the Cameroon music scene.
So with our PR, branding and marketing eyes, here are a few tips to learn from the recently released video:-
1) Think Professional: Your personal behaviour is paramount to the long term success of your business and Stanley Enow always takes a professional approach to his work which is noticed in all he does.
2) Think Image: Your brand is one of the most important factors for your eventual success. It’s the culmination of your identity, packaged and presented in a consistent way that’s pleasing, familiar, and attractive to your prospective and recurring audiences. Being a music artist, Stanley Enow‘s recognisable brand is his physical appearance/image which is always carefully and meticulously represented.
3) Think Business: Speaking from a Cameroon perspective, the music scene is especially seen as a platform to create enjoyment and fun and only a select few – Petit Pays, Richard Bona, Manu Dibango to name these have really shown what one can achieve when one adds a business focus to one’s talent. Stanley Enow is well aware about the opportunities his popularity can bring and has taken the business side of Cameroon music one step further. From Hein Père tee shirts (which launched his brand as the biggest urban clothing brand in Cameroon), we now have Motherland branded sweatshirts (in collaboration with Idle Park Clothing), branded headphones, branded chains (in gold and silver) and as seen on the video branded drinks…coming soon? Stay tuned *winking*
4) Think to Sell a Dream: Stanley Enow understands the expectations of his audience and is not contented by merely releasing a song which is the product. He seeks to sell a dream of hope, excellence, success, possibility, to his fans. How does King Kong sell a dream? The panoramic shots of the villa, the nature shots coupled with the antique cars as well as Stanley Enow‘s overall fashion styling – the audience is thrown into a captivating world where there is luxury, there is beauty in the surroundings as well as the choice of shot angles, and there is also a play on the viewers mind like a dream with the slow rewind and playback of certain scenes…
5) Think Simple: Keep it K.I.S.S. – Keep It Simple Stupid with your methodology and plans and remain humble – you will not go wrong!
Watch the video here…huhhh!!
Facebook: Stanley Enow Official