Hello everyone, it has been a minute since we brought you something new so here we are today to tell you about our day at a recent networking gathering of selected young Cameroonians from different fields held in London.
The soirée took place at a private room on the roof top of the famous Gherkin building at St Mary Axe on the weekend of 8th July organised by Héra; an investment risk analyst working in Central London.
Those in attendance were from a diverse background which included investment banking, insurance management, media, PR, luxury event management, digital marketing, online peer-to-peer transportation – all with a reunifying interest which was doing business in/with Africa.
After the discussion and the exchange, the take home element for us from this gathering further deepened the importance of networking in building one’s net worth.
Here are a few:-
- Networking with the right mix of people can further / boost one’s career or business.
- Networking is relationship building which forms the basis of any and every partnership or working collaboration. One never knows when one will need / depend on a relationship in the future.
- Networking offers visibility; being visible and getting noticed by the right audience can be a big benefit for one and one’s business.
- Networking is also about friendship and building confidence in one’s self.
- Networking can be a positive influence. The people one hangs around with and talks to do influence who one is and what one does, so it is important to be surrounding one’s self with positive, uplifting people that can help one grow.
According to Héra, together we can become stronger therefore this gathering will be a recurrent affair; “it is abnormal that talented people should find themselves each on their own corner oblivious of what the other is doing” she added.
The platform aims to become a place to share ideas, partner and work together.